Welcome to CTS 2019 for Unity 2018.3+ and Unity 2019!
CTS 2019 will support the full Unity 2019 release cycle, adds substance support, three new instanced shader sets (Built-in, LW SRP and HD SRP preview version 4.8), and will be updated as Unity stabilizes the SRP's over time.
A collaboration between NatureManufacture and Procedural Worlds, CTS combines our collective expertise to create a terrain shading system that is Powerful and Easy to Use!
CTS comes with a professional PBR texture library that can be applied with a click to instantly change the look and feel of your scenes and can be tweaked at run time to get your environment just right.
This version of CTS works with 2018.3+. If you wish to target Unity 5.6 - 2018.3 without instancing and lw and hd pipeline support then please purchase CTS instead.
- Unity 2018.3+ support
- Unity 2019.1.0+ support
- 2018.3+ Instancing support;
- 2018.3+ LW SRP 4.2 - 4.8 support;
- 2018.3+ HD SRP 4.2 - 4.8 support;
- Up to 16 PBR texture sets in 1 pass - fast;
- Standard work flow - compatible & easy;
- UV Mixing - removes tiling;
- Geological Layering - adds interest;
- Detail Mixing - adds interest & reduces tiling;
- Dynamic Snow Cover - with a slider;
- Dynamic Snow Glitter - with a slider;
- Dynamic Water Cover - with a slider;
- Height Blending - relative texture blends;
- Lite, Basic, Advanced & Tessellation;
- Ambient Occlusion - realistic shadows;
- ColorMaps - enhanced terrain coloring;
- GrassMaps - tint colormap from grass;
- Cutouts - height and mask based;
- Mesh Support - see note (#1) below;
- Profile Based - similar to Unity Post FX;
- Texture Library - 48 quality sets, 20 helpers;
- Profile Library - matched profile sets;
- Substance Support;
- MegaScans texture support;
- MapMagic and runtime terrains;
- Weather - Simulate wetness & snow;
- Seasons - Tint your terrain by season;
- Sample scenes included (excl models);
- VR Compatible;
Per Texture Control:
- Albedo, Normal, Smoothness, Roughness, Height, AO;
- Near and far tiling - reduces tiling;
- Tinting - matching & seasonal variation;
- Brightness - texture matching;
- Smoothness - reflection & wetness;
- Height blending - relative texture heights;
- Height depth - relative texture depth;
- Triplanar - no more terrible cliffs;
- Detail strength - use it as needed;
- Geo strength - use it as needed;
- Snow amount - control snow cover;
- Snow / Water - angle, height, hardness;
- Snow / Water tint - vary color by usage;
- ColorMap strength - near and far;
- ColorMap masking - controlled maps;
Our Customers Say:
"Wow.. amazing results. My co-workers couldn't believe I did this!"
"Best shader terrain, best support reply in 5h."
"This is the best solution and I have tried THEM ALL on unity asset store and only CTS gave me the results I wanted."
"Add CTS to your terrain, create a profile, add some extra texture maps (height, spec, ao etc) and see your terrain pop."
"This should be considered part of your default stack when working with terrain in Unity. With very little effort you can improve the graphics performance of your terrain tenfold, it is essential."
- Shader model 3.5+ (basic + advanced);
- Shader model 4.6+ (tesselation);
- Direct X 11 / 12;
- Open GL ES 3.0;
- WebGL 2.0;
Shaders are limited by texture array support and consequently do not support DX9, OpenGLES 2.0 or Web GL1.0.
NOTE #1: Meshes are supported, but the workflow to generate and configure the texture and splat arrays used by CTS is still a terrain based workflow. You can however remove the terrain and replace it with a mesh as last step in process. Please visit our Discord channel if you want more clarification.
NOTE #2: CTS is fast, however old cards without dynamic branching support have had issues with this, so please download and run our demo's before purchasing to ensure your system is compatible.
NOTE #3: CTS 2019 will support the Unity 2019 release cycle, however as each major Unity release introduces significant changes we will cover the cost of supporting these by charging a nominal annual upgrade fee.
Asset version: 2019.1.7
Download links for «CTS 2019 - Complete Terrain Shader»: