Download Unreal Engine Asset – Dialogue Plugin allows you to easily create dialogues within UE4 using a node-based editor.
IMPORTANT: There is an engine bug in 4.26 that breaks the Rich Text functionality of this plugin. Please consider upvoting the issue. As a temporary workaround, detach Rich Text block from the Retainer parent in the Reply Widget.
Dialogue Plugin allows you to easily create dialogues within UE4 using a custom node-based editor.Used by industry veterans:
• Piranha Games in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
• Iron Tower Studio in Colony Ship RPGFeatures:
• Voice-over support
• Conditions and Events
• Variables in text (e.g. %charname%)
• Rich Text support
• Customizable appearance
• Doesn't require third party software
• Source code included
Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz8SEBusQtATechnical Details
Tutorial #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGFDMaO4FrM
Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/dialogue-plugin/59871
Sample project* from the second video: https://gitlab.com/Glabrezu/DemoDialogue
Sample VR project* where the VR part is already set up: https://gitlab.com/Glabrezu/VrDemoDialogue
*(sample projects require you to already own the plugin)List of Modules:
• DialoguePlugin: (Runtime)
• DialoguePluginEditor: (Editor)Technical Features:
• A new data asset type "Dialogue"
• A custom editor for that data asset, in form of a node based editor written in Slate
• A demo UMG widget used to display the dialogue in game, that can be duplicated and customized by the user
• Some icons and art for the node editor
Password will be published in a few days. Please add a bookmark to your favorites.
Asset version: 4.25-4.26
Download links for «Dialogue Plugin»: